About The Cold Cut...

The musings of a teenage audiophile. Indie, Rock, Hip-Hop, Rap, Dance, Dubstep, Garage, Metal... music crosses all boundaries. The Cold Cut is devoted to giving you a taste of what's going on in music at the moment.

About Me

A 17 year old taking his first tentative steps into the world of blogging. In my first year, its been up and down, from the slow first months to a busy time around the one year anniversary.

Glossy new Oasis demos... and a slamming?

Okay, so I've been on the receiving end of a couple of harsh comments comments over the last few days, most of which were justified. I'm not here to whine- I realise that my page is read by progressively more people, but when you get comments nitpicking particular words in a sentence, its hard to know what to do. I agree that I am not always up to my best (especially recently), and I'm not going to make excuses (uh.. exams?), but I just thought you should know that I'm trying my best to maintain high standards for this blog.

To be honest, all I'm trying to say is that it would be nice if the regular readers of this blog commented on some of the good stuff, and forged a relationship, rather than only leaving anonymous comments outlining how I am inevitably wrong (we all are, at some point). I did ask for feedback with my Coldplay remix, and I appreciate and will take on board all your comments. On my Arctic Monkeys post, however, I had a series of comments concerning my grammar (which was right), and my view point. Just to clarify, I never stated that I thought Arctic Monkeys were a one hit wonder. Some people did, however, and I addressed that.

Anyway, here are some new Oasis demo's. I'm going be diplomatic, and sit on the fence here: I don't think Oasis are 'the best band ever', nor do I think that they 'haven't been relevant for 10 years' (quoted from the font of all knowledge *sic*: NME). Instead of taking this approach, just take the tracks for what they are. Would you be listening if this wasn't Oasis? I would.

What's your verdict?

Oasis- Nothin' On Me (Link 2)
Oasis- Stop The Clocks (Link 2)
Oasis- I Wanna Live In A Dream (In My Record Machine) (Link 2)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    These are 3 old (2004/2005) demos recorded with US star producer/engineer Dave Sardy in LA after the first failed attempt at recording the 2005 Album "Don't Believe the Truth" with producer duo Death In Vegas.

    They will probably not show up on the new Oasis album in September and were left off Don't Believe the Truth for reasons only known to the band and producer.....

  2. Anonymous said...
     

    Thank you for posting these tracks. I have been waiting for a long time and don't know how it is unreleased tracks appear, but appreciate whenever they do. Do you have any more? I would be interested in anything new and unreleased of Oasis.

Post a Comment